Thursday 10 July 2014

What were you Wearing?

     I had a man make an advance at me today.  As foolish as it sounds to actually write it, this gentlemen thought it within his rights to offer to have an affair with me.  I have never encouraged nor stated I desired an "affair" with this person, and politely refused the offer.  Its nice to know the opposite sex still finds me attractive, and it can be flattering to be flirted with, but something even more interesting came of all this.

     I told someone of this persons advances and instead of saying "did you tell them where to go" or "did you inform them you are married" what I got was "well what were you wearing?"

     Here is what I told them.

a.  I told need to dress seductively to have someone find my personality or my physical appearance attractive.  I don't need to show skin or as some say "flaunt what I was given" to turn an eye.  I by no means think i am the most beautiful woman in the world but I do think my physical appeal isn't just based on low cut tops.

b.  A woman should be able to wear what every she wants when ever she wants without fear of unwanted or un-respectful advances.

c.  When you ask a woman what she was wearing it takes the blame and puts it on the victim instead of the person doing the victimizing..........how fucked up is that???????

d.  Any woman who feels victimized should be able to talk to her friends, family, spouse about it without fearing the blame is going to be placed on them by being asked "well what were you wearing"


Now for the record..............

a.  I was wearing a t-shirt and jeans
b.  I did tell him a firm NO
c.  I did inform him i was married
d. and he left it at that without making me feel guilty for what I was wearing!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment